Swimming pool owners are always looking for ways to have even more fun in their backyard, and for some that includes finding ways to save money on the pool operating and maintenance costs. We have some tips on ways for pool owners to save money on their pools and increase their energy efficiency.
Here are a few:
- The investment you make in your pool’s equipment to upgrade and update it to newer more energy efficient models will save money in the long run.
- Invest in a variable speed pool pump as they are more energy efficient than single speed pumps. Pentair variable speed pumps are ultra-efficient and less noisy than other models.
- Use a pool cover to cut back on water evaporation and the use of chemicals.
- A pool cover will also trap any heated water because close to 90% of the pool’s heat loss occurs at the surface level.
- Ask us whether there are rebates or tax incentives available if you upgrade and update your pool equipment – many times there are.
- Run the pool heater only when you know you’ll be using the pool shortly afterward.
- Lower the temperature by a degree or two – chances are you won’t notice the difference when you swim, but you will notice the difference in your utility bills!
- Add timers for the pool pump and heater. With a timer you will be able to “set it and forget it” which means you don’t run the risk of forgetting to turn off the pool equipment.
Ask us for other measures you can take to increase the energy efficiency of your swimming pool this summer.