Using heating oil this winter to heat your home is the most cost efficient and effective. If you are in the market to upgrade your home’s heating system, it may be in your best interest to consider purchasing an oil-fueled furnace. Here is a list of facts about heating oil and the benefits it provides if you need convincing.
- Approximately 18 million American households rely on oil to provide their homes with heat each winter.
- Home heating oil is mostly used in the Northeast of the country.
- Heating oil is a clean source of fuel, nearing zero emissions.
- Oil Burners produce about .003% of total emissions in the United States.
- Houses warm faster with home heating oil due to the hottest flame of any heating fuel.
- There are 35% more BTUs per gallon of heating oil rather than natural gas.
- The average consumer of heating oil uses 25% less heating oil each winter than in 1989, due to increased heating equipment efficiency.
- Heating oil is also cheaper today than it was 20 years ago.
- Home heating oil is very safe. It is a non-explosive liquid and cannot mix with air to become explosive. A lit match would go out if dropped into a pool of heating oil.
Thank you to Santa Energy for the original information. You can read more facts here.